Once again we SEO people from Barcelona had our own New Year’s Eve: Barcelona Search Congress. It want as good as las year’s. The speeches were even better, but thay almost fumbled the lunch time… again
There was no way to do it otherwise. I just sign up for this new edition of such event that accompanied me since the beginning of my career :’-)
This time the moved the congress about 600 meters from the World Trade Center to the W Hotel. But having all these water on the harbor the actual distance was more than 3 km away.
All speeches were so intense, so fast-paced that there was almot no way to tweet them properly. Fortunately, we had the unexpected collaboration of Fernando Macià and his HumanLevel team to get all details:
- Usage Data in Web Search: Benefits & Limitations by Ricardo Baeza-Yates – Vice President of Yahoo! Research for Europe, Middle East & Latin America (Spain). Or how search engines work and will work
- The integration of SEO & Social Simon por Heseltine - SEO Director at AOL, Techcrunch, Huffington Post (Washington D.C)
- Global Social Media, Meet Local ROI: The Secrets to the Strategic Thinking & Tactics Driving Social Success Across the World by Aaron Khalow – CEO & Fundador at Online Marketing Institute (San Francisco)
- Some day I’ll will REALLY start to study all this stuff. This is the place to do it: Online Marketing Institute
- Social Media and User Engagement with Claudio Cossio – VP Marketing at Interesante.com (Mexico), Gemma Escribano - Corporate Social Media Manager at Privalia (Spain), Nuño Valenzuela – Senior Marketing Specialist at Hello.es (Spain) and MyWebcamlock.com Partner and Jose A. del Moral – CEO at Alianzo (Spain) as moderator.
- Mobile Marketing and Measurement: Where are we now and where are we going por Matt Mc Gowan – Managing Director SES/Clickz (New York)
- La experiencia Multipantalla por Carlos de Torres – Advertising & Online Director at Microsoft Ibérica
Maybe the easiest speech to tweet showing us how we consider each screen at home:
- TV? our personal jester
- PC? our sage at home
- Smarthpone? our OTHER beloved
- Tablet? our local magician
- Mobile SEO – Critical Strategies, Information & Updates by Cindy Krum – CEO and founder of MobileMoxie, LLC (Denver)
- Full of information to use at my next mobile project I faced. Soon, very soon…
- SEO: trucos SEO 2013 with Kay Schaefer – Fundador at KSOM (Spain), Vannessa Uhlein – Senior SEO Manager at Neo@Ogilvy (Spain), Fabio Fanni – Digital Marketing Consultor at The Cocktail (Spain), Marcos Maceira – Director at Hello.es (Spain) and Fernando Macià – CEO and founder of Human Level (Spain) as moderator
- Quite interesting this idea about this double SEO project style: one in-house SEO working together with a SEO agency.
And then, lunchtime! Where? You’d better see this poor W Hotel desk girl trying to guide us to the place. Nobody told her where were us SearchCongressers allowed to eat, nor were us. Finally we got to the magnificent Mamarosa Beach. Out of the Hotel, but close enough, tastee food and more than pleasant place with such company:
- @cristianguasch (not known relation with Guasch&Guasch fom @VersioRAC1)
- Antoni Anglada at @SocialYOUpro
- Álvaro Muñoz at @wayaxchile
Cheers to you all. Let’s see you all next SearchCongress!
The sooner the better :).